2015 was a BIG year. Here’s a slice of what happened.
- Got baptized.
- Started my company – Hall & Evans, LLC.
- Accepted into Brown University for my Masters.
- Started my brothers non-profit foundation with Mom & Dad.
- Guest at the Bohemian Club.
- Visited 20 U.S. States – Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Colorado, Washington, California.
- U.S. History Travel – Visited the White House, Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Vietnam Wall, MLK Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and the Jefferson Memorial in D.C. Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. Jefferson’s Monticello in Virginia and Ground Zero in NYC. Also saw Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson’s graves.
- Fun Travel – Visited the Puget Sound, Pike Place Market, Space Needle, and where I grew up in Seattle (Kirkland). Greenwich Village, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Central Park, Bryant Park, Washington Square Park, Times Square, SoHo, TriBeCa, Grand Central Station, NY Stock Exchange, Wall Street, Rockefeller Plaza, St Patrick’s Cathedral, and the Bronx in New York. Silicon Valley, Haight-Ashbury, and the Grateful Dead house in San Francisco. Elfreth’s Alley in Philadelphia.
- Road Trips – Georgia to Rhode Island (2,200 miles),
Georgia to Virginia (1,040 miles), Georgia to Florida (815 miles).
- Sport – Visited the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Rhode Island, College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta, and went to The Masters at Augusta National. Played Peachtree Golf Club, Piedmont Driving Club, Ansley Golf Club, & Atlanta Athletic Club. Picked up the game of squash.
- Arts – Visited the Guggenheim, Museum of Modern Art, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Edgar Allen Poe’s dorm room at UVA. City Lights Bookstore and Jack Kerouac Alley in San Francisco. The Kennedy Center in D.C.
- Universities – Visited Brown, Yale, Columbia, University of Pennsylvania, NYU, University of Washington, University of Virginia, University of Georgia, and Drexel University.
- Clubs – Visited the Racquet & Tennis Club, New York Athletic Club, Harvard Club, The Brook, Friars Club…all in NY. Frederica and Ocean Forest in Sea Island. Bohemian Club in San Francisco.
Culinary – Ate at Bones, Hal’s, Chops, Capital Grille, and Canoe in Atlanta (my favorites). Keens and 21 Club in NY. Had the #1 ranked Mission Burrito in San Francisco.
Bars – McSorely’s Old Ale House, 21 Club, and Keens in New York. My favorite bar in the U.S. – Vesuvio in San Francisco.
- Misc – Befriended Navy SEAL Team 6 Sniper, played golf with 2 NFL QB’s at the same time, saw 26 current/former Heads of State speak in New York at the Concordia Conference, visited the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture at the University of Virginia, drove down Lombard Street in San Francisco, rode the subway in NY for first time, and sat in President Bush’s G8 chair at The Cloister in Sea Island.
2015 was the best year of my life and the hardest. Looking forward to 2016!
Sincerely, The Graduate (at Brown)